Bexar County Master Gardeners are available to present interesting, relevant gardening and water conservation information to groups. Events we support include:
- Landscape fairs
- HOA and neighborhood association meetings
- Garden clubs
- Senior centers
- And many other events and organizations
Please use this BCMG Speaker Request Form!
And, we are happy to accept your donation of $25 or more!
Bexar County Master Gardeners share information on water conservation topics including composting, drip irrigation, rainwater harvesting, low water usage plants and landscape maintenance.
The Children’s Vegetable Garden Program at the San Antonio Botanical Garden (SABOT) has two 16-week sessions each year for children ages 8–13 to get hands on gardening experience from Master Gardener mentors as they tend their plots and learn to plant, grow and harvest vegetables.
- Children ages 8-13 get hands-on horticulture experience with Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service and Bexar County Master Gardeners.
- Children can also earn their Junior Master Gardener certification.
- For more information, go to the SABOT website, or email Timothy Roan, or call 210-207-3278.
- Contact Mary Fernandez or John Mayer to volunteer.
Master Gardeners also support the Bexar County Youth Gardens Program which is designed to provide educators, volunteers and community leaders with an innovative method for using gardens as outdoor classrooms. Visit the Bexar County Youth Gardens Program Webpage, Blog, or FaceBook Page for all the latest news.